
My niece (Happy to be from Iowa's youngest girl) is staying with us for a week, VERY FUN! I took them to the public pool today and let me tell you, the young mom's these days are frickin' too skinny! They must be on the "one pill a day with my diet soda" diet, they are simply bones with a thin layer of stretched malnourished flesh over them. Don't these women know they'll have osteoporosis as older women? Don't they know it's NORMAL to have a few pieces of evidence left on their bodies from childbirth? Don't they miss a good bite of a cheeseburger or a big glass of red wine? What the he** does their partner hold onto or hug when intimate? Those bones have got to hurt!
And the rudeness of kids now! Where are the parents?? The kids in the snack shack area leave wrappers from their candy and containers from their nachos all over the tables and the ground -- the trash cans are only 8 feet away! Back in the day we didn't dare litter! It wasn't cool to be a 'litter bug', and remember the Native American chief with the big tear running down his cheek as he observed the litter and pollution around him?! We need some kind of campaign like that again. And parents need to parent these kids!
Oh no, I'm sounding old and crotchety! Make mommy another martini, honey. Hurry.
3 comments:
Perhaps the moms are too busy counting calories in a Fun Dip Fun Pack to worry about teaching their kids to bin their rubbish. I mean, seriously. That marshmallow spoon/stick is probably LOADED.
OHMYGOSH~~
This is an amazing coinkydink~ I came on to draft a blog about a conversation with Foster yesterday!!
I recently re-joined the Weight Watchers meeting goup. I've done online for years with NO results.
Anywho. . .I was in the car with Foster and talking about stopping at the curb market to pick up some fresh veggies. . I told him I was going to the meetings. . .
He said, "You're not gonna get UBER skinny are you? I like the bigger mommas better!!"
As you know - in our house you can't make a blanket statement like that without qualifying it! . . I said what do you mean? He says, bigger mommas are softer and care more about kids!
Again . . .you just can't say things like that without examples. . .he says. . you know bigger moms do funner things and skinny mommas just do their hair and lipstick and things. . .
He gave me four examples of bigger mommas - and just KNEW you would love it. . . and understand completely~
You
Me
Our mutual friend "L"
My friend "K"
I won't name the skinny examples. . .cause I actually like them a lot. .
What an amazing observation - of course I explained that someone is who they are regardless of size. . .yadda yadda. . .
then he says. . .
Ok. . Just don't get uber skinny!
I promised I'll get to a healthy BMI and quit - so that I'll still be soft!
Gotta love it. I'm gonna blog this later. . .I'm running late now.
Yay for the bigger mommies!!!!!!
Hope MY kid was tossing her trash in the proper bin.
It's new generation of scary overachieving mommies. And they all have ankle tats. They upset me so much I have to have another frozen Milky Way to calm my nerves.
Post a Comment