Old Fashioned Lemon Sauce
1/2 cup butter, salted
1 cup sugar
3 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup water mixed with 1 T cornstarch
Mix all over heat in small saucepan. Slowly bring to low boil and cook until thickened. Pour through a strainer and let cool to room temperature. Serve warm over gingerbread cake or store in your refrigerator up to 1 week. I top my Lemon Cheesecake with a layer of this wonderfully splendid sauce and then drizzle each serving with just a little bit more. When served warm with gingerbread cake, the cake soaks up the warm sauce so that every bite of cake is saturated with lemony bliss .
3 comments:
Mine smells like baked beans with bacon in the oven. Another wonderful smell. Will soon smell like sugar cookies.
Beautiful. I can smell it. Maven, you make me hungry every time I come here.
Come on up Scottah!!!!! I'll bake and bake and bake for you all! We miss you!
Post a Comment